For the 5th year, I am leading my fundraising team – the Just Us League of Awesome – in raising money for Children’s Hospitals and their patients! Our 24-hr charity event will be November 21-22, from 7am to 7am.
If you already know what’s up and want to help, please help us heal kids by making a donation at www.extra-life.org/participant/seansousa. Haven’t heard of what we do? Read on.
In 2008, a community of gamers rallied around a young girl named Tori, who had been battling leukemia. Even though she passed away from her illness, her story inspired Extra Life – an annual 24-hr event organized by Children’s Miracle Network to benefit their Children’s Hospitals and the sick kids there (watch the story here).
The idea is simple: pledge to play 24 hours worth of games – any video game, card game, board game, sport, etc. – and ask supporters to donate $1 for each hour played, or any amount they wish. 100% of all donations goes to the children’s hospital of our choice – paying for treatment, research, staff salary, patient hospital bills, and recreational activities for kids to enjoy between tests and procedures.
Above all else is this: it’s not about the games – it’s about the kids!
I am asking you – friends, family, fans, readers, gamers, everyone – to donate to our cause at my Extra Life fundraising page. I am proud to lead the Just Us League as we work to raise our goal of $4,000, and as I write this, we just passed the $1,000 mark! If you’d like to help us get there, donate here. All donations are tax deductible and can be made anonymously.
There is no limit to how you can help. Beyond donating, you can share my fundraising link on social media – www.extra-life.org/participant/seansousa – as well as joining and participating in Extra Life yourself!
Stay locked in to this site and my monthly newsletter as we make progress toward our goal!
- The Just Us League joined Extra Life in 2011, benefiting Children’s Hospital Los Angeles (CHLA) in honor of my cousin, who had successful open heart surgery there, and raised over $3,000 in our first two 24-hr gaming marathons.
- In 2013, we switched to GiveForward.com to directly help our friend and team member Matt, who suffered from severe encephalitis. With the help of so many friends and family, our team raised over $6,000 for Matt and his family.
- Last year, we returned to Extra Life to support Children’s Hospital Orange County (CHOC), and raised $3300 during our first-ever Twitch broadcast of the entire event.
- Our team roster consists of 70 members!
- I play in honor of my late nephew, Jackson, who passed away from SIDS in October 2014 when he was only 4 months old. I’m a big believer in finding purpose through pain, and every dollar raised counts toward a young life saved.